Previous Blog

Please visit my first blog: paintinpatti.typepad.com

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas One And All!

A Savior is Born!

A Baby born to save the world.

This vintage nativity belonged to my mom when I was a little girl. It brings very good memories to me when I set it up. Simple and sweet.

The nativity was such a mystery to me when I was little. We didn't go to church and I was so curious about God. My mother told me the story of that special night. I remember playing with this nativity and begging to set it up each year. I loved to unwrap the little figurines and arrange them again and again.

My hutch is filled to the brim with pink and green depression glass. My sweet sister-in-law gave me lots of the green a few months ago. I love to play with it.

Let it snow, tiny village. I'm hoping for snow too.

My mother's glittered deer.

Jesus is our Good Shepherd.

Tomorrow I will post my Santa Claus room.

Hugs, Patti

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your home decorated for Christmas and the beautiful trees! Sweet memory of your Mom. Thank you for the kindest comment :) I hope to see more posts. I miss them/you!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks beautiful and magical! Something special to see in every nook and cranny. You have a wonderful depression glass collection. I have the pink and love to use it often. Wishing you blessings at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Patti! My first exposure to the gospel was through Christmas, too. ♥ Thanks for showing all your pretties and for leaving a comment on my little blog. I have vintage wares in my kitchen too but it's not as "done up" as my dining room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I loved seeing the cardboard creche. I found one many many years ago as a mostly-always-broke newlywed and it, with some Woolworth Nativity figurines were my first Nativity set. You brought back many sweet memories.Angels to you. Susan - eclecticshorebird@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! May your day be blessed!
Hugs, Patti