Previous Blog

Please visit my first blog: paintinpatti.typepad.com

Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Anniversary Pink Cheeks!


When I met my husband I was immediately attracted to his pink cheeks.  Go figure.  I can't say why, but I thought he was cute! Oh - and he really is Dutch. His dad speaks and reads Dutch but didn't teach his 7 boys. "We are in America - we will speak English!"
P1000911
We met at Eugene Bible College.  He had a job at a local mill in Eugene.  Not a windmill ~ it was a sawmill.  His job was to go in at night after the last shift and clean up the sawdust so it would be spiffy clean for the morning crew. 
P1000914
I was very curious about his job.  I wanted to see where he worked.  He said I could not go - it would not be safe - but he had taken guys with him to help out - so why couldn't I go?  I begged.
P1000915
I had this brainiac idea that if I dressed like a boy it would be ok.  I was a good worker, I could push a broom.
So, after much begging, I went with him.  It was cold.  It was REALLY cold.  I hated it.  But, I kept my end of the bargain and kept sweeping.  Then, I heard a BIG manly voice... and it wasn't by bf!  It was someone who worked at the mill - and they were not happy that my bf/husband had brought a girl.  He said, "Did you really think she would pass as a guy?  Geesh!" 
P1000909
I guess the hips gave it away.
P1000906
This wall hanging was made because I just love this cute Dutch couple.  See those pink cheeks?  Hee hee!  Once again, I know I found this image on one of the blogs I love to look at, but I did not take note of who gave it - so I apologize that I cannot give you credit.  I am learning that I need to write those things down!
We just celebrated our 36th Wedding Anniversary!
* * *my dear mother made my wedding dress* * * 
Happy Pink Saturday everyone - thank you for stopping by my blog - and a very BIG thank you to Beverly for hosting another Pink Saturday!
 This post was originally posted on my first blog paintinpatti.typepad.com

14 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Patti!!

    Love the story of you and your rosy cheeked hubby!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story about you and your husband. Happy 36th anniversary! Your tag is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! Your story is so cute, love it! :) Wishing a lovely weekend celebrating! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally- someone who has been married longer than me! :) Happy anni!
    Your story is funny! You remind me of me when I was young. I was the baby of the family and I expected to ALWAYS get my way! Hee-hee! (Shhh... I still do!)

    Your tag is just adorable and what a pretty shot of your tree and shelf. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patti! Oh, what a sweet little love story how you were able to manipulate your hubby way back then! :) Precious little couple and sign and Happy Anniversary!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly enjoyed your love and anniversary story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your Dutch children - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your darling card pinned on Pinterest and had to hurry over to read the story behind it. Cute, cute, cute! I just love Dutch things and I loved your adorable story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet story and a darling wall hanging. Happy Pink Saturday! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute story! Happy Ending! : ) Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card and such a sweet story! I too have a sweet Dutch boy with rosy cheeks, but I never tried to pass myself off as a boy. Funny story...thanks for sharing it. Have a Pink week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Catching up on my reading....Happy Anniversary, 36 years is something to be proud of. What a sweet post, just love it and your story. :) Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! May your day be blessed!
Hugs, Patti