Previous Blog

Please visit my first blog: paintinpatti.typepad.com

Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry Christmas!


Today in Kindergarten, we finished up the Christmas Celebration Week by making Gingerbread Houses.

Each child brought an empty pint container, a package of graham crackers, a can of white frosting, and a bag of candy to share.

I saw more than one child licking the frosting off their fingers! Yummy!

Each child had an adult with them - just to help out a bit. I told the parents, "hands off! If you want to make your own little house, you can make one at home!"

I don't think they all listened, though. It's just too tempting to add pretty little candies!

I wish I had taken pictures to show you their cute creations! So many students told me they were making ABAB patterns!

I love teaching kindergarten, especially, at a Christian school. We have such wonderful times together talking about God's love for us, and Christmastime is the BEST!

We are hosting our family Christmas dinner tomorrow. The house is all decorated for the party. Such fun! May your days be Merry!

 

9 comments:

  1. You sound like the kind of kindergarten teacher every parent wishes their child could have, Patti! I made a gingerbread house with our 3 year old granddaughter yesterday and let her do exactly as she pleased. She was so excited to show it to my daughter and son-in-law! I love your little kitchen in the first photos!! I've got a wood jewelry box I'm going to try to turn into a hutch like yours. Sooooo cute!!

    Thanks for the inspiring post and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project to do with your class!! Merry Christmas to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just loved seeing all these cute gingerbread pics!

    Merry Christmas Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun project to do with the class!! Such cute festive pictures!! Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays and a very Merry Christmas!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas Patti!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi !!!

    It is so fun to see your posts about the little kids at school....brings back some good memories..:) Have a wonderful Christmas Patti!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...you are a good teacher! LOL about the parents..."helping"!
    MERRY
    CHRISTMAS!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. My little kindergarten Grand was so proud of the little gingerbread house she made in school...bless you teachers! Merry Christmas, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little gingerbread houses! I love your little dolly furniture and those adorable polkadot dishes. Merry Christmas, Patti!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! May your day be blessed!
Hugs, Patti