Previous Blog

Please visit my first blog: paintinpatti.typepad.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Who is Joseph?

Found this ugly planter box thing at the thrift store and loved its shape.

It had been spray painted a screaming yellow color. But what shocked me was the stenciled name. "Joseph" on one side.

Was it an Easter basket! A first name, or last name?

Well, out came the "Cowgirl Pink" paint and more Washi tape. I stuck on a die cut, and waa-la!

A perfect place for my Hazel dishes.

My home has lots of windows. Perfect, because we have a very pretty view. Since I don't have many upper cabinets I like to put our dishes out on the counter. Scio's Hazel is a pottery that was made in the 1950's. I remember my next door neighbor had these when I was a little girl. I loved them even then. They are so bright and cheery!

So, for the Easter season these pretty dishes are out. I found this cute glass at the swap meet. There was a gal there selling literally 100's of dishes. I came home with this glass and 8 etched drinking glasses. To make my day they were 25 cents each!

I made these bunnies when our children were little. I still love them! Time sure flies!

********************

Many of you know, I teach kindergarten. It is such a joy for me to teach these precious little ones. Well, this just cheered me up big time today....I have been in a lot of meetings this week serving on a committee to choose a new 1st grade teacher. When I returned to my classroom the children were lining up outside. Many of them rushed out of their place in line to hug me and say sweet things. Warmed my heart. Where else can you work that you are told everyday you are loved, the best, and pretty, too! I recommend teaching, of course!

 

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! We just bought a new place and I can't tell you how many times I have thought, "I need Patti here to help me!" I am trying hard to decorate beautifully like you do, and just don't have the talent you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your makeover is so cute! LOVE the use for your sweet vintage dishes. Just lovely, think I have to steal your idea. :) I can't resist those sweet drinking glasses and have far too many, but you got them at a steal. Cute bunny set too! Happy almost Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box turned out really cute. What a perfect idea. I love those flowers on your dishes.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute transformation. I love it.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful transformation. It's perfectly YOU! Such a darling bunny set too. Kindergarten is such a magical grade. Easter blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I'm new to your Blog, and I enjoy reading your posts!!!
    I do not have a Blog site yet, (hoping my daughter will help me get one going real soon ;) but I would like to join in with you guys in your Swap events if possible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great make-over, Patti!
    Joseph is my grandson's name. :)

    I have a couple of those Hazel plates! I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute and great make over!! Love all your pretty and sweet vintage dishes!! What a steal on those glasses! I would have gotten them too, very pretty!! :) Cute bunnies too! Have a wonderful weekend!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! May your day be blessed!
Hugs, Patti