Previous Blog

Please visit my first blog: paintinpatti.typepad.com

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hurrah for Blogsy!

I'm back!

I added an app for my iPad called Blogsy.

Here we go!

Bunny is all ready for the 4th of July. She was begging to wear her costume and throwing a little tantrum, so I finally said yes!

The mantle dressed up for the season.

When I was a girl, I was a majorette. I had my own corp of girls that I taught for 13 years. I started the corp when I was 12 years old, with the help of my mother. I have taught 100's of girls to twirl the baton. When I saw the tiny baton at the thrift store, I had to get it!

The little red chair.

Just some fun. I painted the Uncle Sam picture in 1990 when the kids were little. It's been in a box forever. The little red box with pinwheels was super fun to make. At first I was going to throw it away, it was so ugly, but the little bluebird dressed it up just right! I just love this big house where I can pull out all my things.

I'm joining with Red Wednesday.
Hugs, Patti!

 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Patti,
    Lovely dress for bunny, really:) . She is very cute in that costume:) You are so.... good in painting....aren't you? :) Really cool to hear that you taught 100's of girls to twirl the baton. Have a great day!
    Hugs :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are back! Your patriotic home is just lovely & adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're back! I LOVE your itty bitty banner. Is it paper or cloth? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel is so pretty, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such great decorations for 4th of July ... the bunny is very cute! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I haven't put out anything for the 4th! I need to get on the ball!

    This is so festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah for the red, white and blue! Great decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gorgeous decorations for the 4th!! SO pretty!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mantel looks fabulous for the fourth! I enjoyed hearing about the baton, sweet story. Hope you enjoy your 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! May your day be blessed!
Hugs, Patti